on competition of journalist’s materials dedicated to the results and prospects of development of the renewable energy sector in Kazakhstan
Regulations on holding a competition (competition) for best coverage of materials on development of renewable energy in Kazakhstan, in the mass media (the media)including, but not limited to:
- development of renewable energy sources,
- state policy in the field of renewable energy,
- implementation of green energy projects,
- use of renewable energy by the population and SMEs,
- current problems and prospects for development of the sector and successful cases in the field of renewable energy.
1. GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE COMPETITION
1.1. Objectives of the competition:
- Encouraging the authors of the best and objective journalist’s reports, interviews, stories and expert-analytical materials about renewable energy in Kazakhstan. Promoting the development of professional quality component in the work of Kazakhstani media and authors covering the development of the renewable energy industry in Kazakhstan;
- widely informing readers about current problems and development prospects in the field of renewable energy development;
- promotion of renewable energy among various target groups;
- attracting public attention to environmental issues.
1.2. The competition is designed to solve the following tasks:
- activation of creative activity of journalists, the industry community to cover the problems of renewable energy;
- increasing the level of professionalism of journalists in covering topics in the field of renewable energy;
- stimulating the creation of regular columns in the media, weekly programs on TV and radio, thematic portals on the Internet dedicated to the development of “green” energy in Kazakhstan.
2. COMPETITION PRIZES
- Participants will be invited to Qazaq Green Fest, an international business festival on Renewable energy Sources, which will be held on May 25-26, 2023 in Borovoye. Transfer to the venue – Rixos Borovoe Hotel on the route Astana – Borovoe – Astana will be provided by the organizers.
- 3 prizes will be determined for each nomination (1st, 2nd, 3rd place).
- The winners of the competition in each nomination will be awarded the appropriate diplomas and cash prizes:
- 1st place – 300 thousand tenge;
- 2nd place – 150 thousand tenge;
- 3rd place – 100 thousand tenge.
- It is planned to organize meetings of the winners and prize-winners of the competition with participants of the International Business Festival on Renewable Energy Sources Qazaq Green Fest: officials of the Republic of Kazakhstan, domestic and foreign investors, developers, scientists, experts, which will open up new opportunities for long-term contacts and cooperation in order to provide high-quality, professional and objective coverage of the green energy industry in the Kazakh media.
3. ORGANIZER AND JURY OF THE COMPETITION
3.1. The organizer of the competition is Renewable Energy “Qazaq Green”.
3.2. The evaluation of the works will be carried out by a competent jury of experts from the renewable energy sector.
3.3. The jury of the competition will consist of 7 people – representatives of sectoral government agencies, specialized associations, international organizations, financial institutions, universities.
3.4. From May 16 to May 20, 2023, the process of determining the best works in all nominations will take place, during which the jury will evaluate the works submitted for competition in each nomination by awarding points on a 10-point scale.
3.5. The jury will evaluate the entries according to the following criteria:
- relevance and value of the material;
- compliance of the submitted works with the subject of the competition;
- quality of the material, including the reliability of information, the correctness of formulations, figures, facts;
- material must be published/aired for the first time during the competition period;
- readership/viewership coverage;
- no plagiarism.
4. THEMATIC AREAS OF THE COMPETITION:
4.1. In order to attract more contestants, openness and objectivity of competitive procedures, the competition will be held in the following areas:
- “The best publication in print media”,
- “The best TV story on the air of the TV channel”,
- “The best publication in an online publication”,
- “For the best coverage of topic of preparation for International Business Festival on Renewable Energy “Qazaq Green Fest”.
5. THE PROCEDURE FOR PROVISION OF WORKS
- Materials in Kazakh, Russian or English, published and/or aired no earlier than March 15, 2023 and no later than May 15, 2023, are accepted for the competition.
- Requirements for materials allowed to participate in the competition:
- printed – in the form of original newspapers (magazines), scanned copies of newspapers (magazines), as well as in the presence of an electronic version of the publication – in the form of a link indicating the date of publication of the material;
- news agencies, online media – in the form of a link to the material, indicating the date of release (distribution) of the material;
- video materials aired on TV channels – in the form of a link to the material with an indication of the release date. The availability of spot run confirmation or cover letter to the editorial board is mandatory.
6. THE ORDER OF THE COMPETITION:
6.1. To participate in the competition, it is necessary to publish the competition material in the Kazakhstani media in the period from March 15, 2023 to May 15, 2023 inclusive.
- The participants of the competition must submit an application before 18:00 (Astana time) on May 16, 2023 with the provision of all materials and indication of the nomination. Applications received after the specified time will not be considered. The participant will be informed about the receipt of the application by the organizers in a reply letter.
- All works must be sent by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The language of the competition materials: Kazakh, Russian, English.
- Works submitted in violation of the above conditions will not be considered. Materials received for participation in the competition are not reviewed and are not returned.
7. EVENTS FOR AWARDING WINNERS
- The results of the competition will be announced on May 25, 2023. The award ceremony will take place at the International Business Festival Qazaq Green Fest in Rixos Borovoe.
for participation in the competition of journalist’s materials dedicated to the results and prospects of the development of the renewable energy sector in Kazakhstan
- Media name (editorial office, TV channel, portal, etc.)
- Participant’s full name
- Subject and date of publication
- The thematic area of the competition (specify according to the regulations):
- Briefly about yourself (work experience, professional achievements, awards, etc.) _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Link to the competition material (if your material is available only on physical media, attach it to the application and send it to the address of the Renewable Energy Association “Qazaq Green”)
Date Signature / seal
The application form must be filled out, signed and stamped with the seal of the publication